The Federal Government has given a directive for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) to start preparations for reopening of orientation camps across the country.
It can be recalled that the NYSC Orientation camps were closed in March as a result of the Coronavirus Outbreak and part of measures to cushion the spread of COVID-19 in Nigeria.
Speaking at the PTF daily briefing in Abuja, National Coordinator of the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19, Dr Sani Aliyu said NYSC should take measures toward ensuring safety against COVID-19 in the various camps.
He also revealed that the government is working to see it put measures to ensure there is no cases of the virus in the camps.
“For the National Youth Service Corps, the NYSC is to consolidate on safety measures currently being put in place and start preparing for the reopening of orientation camps when educational institutions open.
“We are in the process of developing strict guidelines to ensure there is no outbreak of Covid-19 when this process starts.”
- Social media has made 23-year-olds think they have failed in life – Singer Paul OkoyeNigerian Singer Paul Okoye has pinpointed the negative impact of social media on young people these days. In a post shared on his Instagram page, Paul the father of three said social media has now made 23 year old young people think they have already failed in life. He appealed to young people in this […]
- FG apologizes and deletes tweets about bank account owners undergoing compulsory registration after Nigerians expressed outrageThe Federal Government of Nigeria has apologized to Nigerians on Twitter after people expressed outrage following an announcement made via the platform. The FG had announced that all account holders in financial Institutions are to undergo another compulsory registration exercise different from BVN, baring which there will be consequences. The tweets asked Nigerians to pick up self-certification […]
- You Are Dividing Nigeria- Presidency Replies ObasanjoThe presidency has replied the former President Olusegun Obasanjo and accused him of dividing Nigeria. The Presidents’ Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity Garba Shehu on an article he signed and made available to DAILY POST alleged that the former President recent statement was an attempt to divide the nation. Garba Shehu, on Sunday, […]
- Nigeria Rapidly Deteriorating And Divided Under Buhari’s Leadership – ObasanjoFormer Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo says Nigeria is “rapidly deteriorating and divided” under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari. He said these were the factors that caused the “setback to the development of our country”. “Old fault lines that were disappearing have opened up in greater fissures and with drums of hatred, disintegration and separation […]
- Vision 2050: Buhari Inaugurates Committee on Nigeria Development Agenda for next 30yearsPresident Muhammadu Buhari has set up the 30years Nigeria Development Agenda, Vision 2050, under the leadership of businessman Atedo Peterside and Minister of Finance, Budget and Planning, Zainab Ahmed. Nigeria’s vision 2050 is expected to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty as a result of the World Bank’s forecast that by 2040 the population […]